Ebb & Flow Benches
Ebb & Flow benches (also known as Ebb & Flood benches, Sub Irrigation Benches, and Flood Benches) have been in use in greenhouses for at least 90 years. Our polystyrene benchtops are molded with a network of drainage channels that serve several purposes. First, as the bench is flooding, they allow the water to flow evenly throughout the entire surface of the bench and rise simultaneously over the entire bench surface, evenly watering all plants on the bench. Likewise, when the bench has finished its irrigation cycle, the entire bench surface drains evenly, and the system of drainage grooves in the bench surface allows water to drain completely from all the plants so that no plants are sitting in standing water. Innovative Growers Equipment Ebb & Flow benches are great growing structures for all horticulture plants, including cannabis growing.
Our Ebb & Flow benches are designed and manufactured with the highest quality materials. All our benches have legs, leveling headers, and benchtop framework made from galvanized steel tubing from Allied Tubing. Side and end rails are extruded using marine-grade aluminum. Our rounded bench corners are also custom extruded aluminum. The benchtops are vacuum-formed UV resistant polystyrene, manufactured in long (1½ and 2 meter lengths to minimize the need for glue joints, while still allowing for easy shipment).
Jim Belushi of Belushi’s Farm Talks about Innovative Growers Equipment benches for cannabis crops
Advantages of growing on Ebb & Flow Benches
At Innovative Growers Equipment we stand behind all our products that we manufacture, sell and install for our customers. We follow very strict quality control guidelines we have set to ensure the customer gets an outstanding product each time.
CLICK ON THE PINS TO REVEAL PRODUCT DETAILS
All our benches are made to order for each customer.
CLICK ON THE PINS TO REVEAL PRODUCT DETAILS
Ebb & Flow Rolling Benches
All sizes of Ebb and Flow benches from Innovative Growers Equipment can be furnished as rolling benches. Rolling benches are commonly used where maximum efficiency in the use of production space is desired, and good access to all the crop areas by personnel and equipment is required. Some degree of access to the crops is given up in exchange for greater efficiency of production.
Standard Roll Benches vs. Max Roll Benches
Standard rolling benches are the same price as the same size stationary benches. Max roll benches are to be installed on concrete floors, as some of the legs are required to be attached to the floor with anchors to prevent tipping. Standard roll benches are not required to be anchored to the floor.
Complete Max Roll Benches
- Bench structure galvanized 1” steel tubing
- Leveling header – 1¼” galvanized tubing, with 2” of leveling capability
- Anti-tip bracket welded together with galvanized steel tubing
- Metal brackets to secure the bench to concrete
- Extruded Aluminum side rails, rounded bench corners
- Molded polystyrene Ebb and Flow tray inserts
- Bench connector barbed through one end to connect to ¾” hose
- All necessary glue and fasteners for assembly
- All parts pre-drilled, pre-punched, pre-cut, and ready to assemble
Ebb & Flow Bench Specifications
All our benches are made to order for each customer. Ebb & Flow benches are available in many widths. We currently stock 13’, 2’, 3’, 4’, 4.5’, 5’, 5.5’, & 6’ wide trays at our manufacturing warehouse. Many other widths are available as a special order. The bench lengths are completely custom, but generally must be at least 7½ feet long as a minimum. Depending on our backlog of orders, we are usually able to ship orders of our stocked widths in about 6-8 weeks. Other special widths may have longer lead times. View the chart for rolling distances.
|Bench Size||Standard Roll||Max Roll|
Ebb & Flow Trays
In addition to our signature Ebb and Flow Benches, we also sell the Ebb and Flow trays separately. These can be used as replacement trays in existing Ebb and Flow benches, or to convert other existing benches into modern Ebb and Flow sub-irrigation benches. If you wish to convert existing benches into Ebb and Flow benches, the following are some considerations to keep in mind:
- The bench/bench framework must be able to support the Ebb and Flow trays either completely or with sturdy cross bars spaced no more than 50cm (19 1/2’) apart on center.
- The existing bench framework must be sturdy and stable, able to support the benchtop, the plants, as well as the water when irrigating (about an additional 4 pounds per square foot).
- The bench must be able to be leveled. Ebb and Flow trays must be completely level to function correctly. Ideally, there is a method to adjust the benchtop level at frequent locations (typically at each leg).
- You will need to have access to the plumbing well at the end of the bench tray to connect the plumbing to the underside of the benchtop.
Expanded Metal Benches
We offer a line of expanded metal benches manufactured with the same quality materials as our signature Ebb & Flow benches. Our benches with expanded metal tops are nearly identical to our Ebb & Flow benches—they have expanded metal benchtops in place of Ebb & Flow trays.
Many customers like to have some of their benches with expanded metal tops, typically in retail areas. Our expanded metal benches have the same legs, framework, extruded aluminum side rails, and rounded corners as our Ebb & Flow benches. This allows for a cohesive appearance in areas with both bench types.
The aluminum side rails extend approximately three inches above the expanded metal benchtops. This helps keep plants from being knocked off of the benches. The aluminum side rails and the expanded metal tops are hot-dip galvanized after being formed, which results in a durable bench that will retain its clean, like-new appearance for many years.